Friday, January 23, 2009

The New Hope

Two days after my 24th birthday the new president was sworn into office. It got me thinking that if he only serves one term I will be 28 and if he luckily serves two I with be 32. How will things be 4 years from now? What will have changed? I started to think how serious each decision that the president makes will affect my future and what our generation is responsible for. This is what everyone was waiting for, now what do we have to look forward to. I hope a real productive change in our government that will continue years beyond his presidency. Politics have a tendency to change like the weather so a new problem will always come up. I hope the focus stays on the real problems and not the scandals the media likes to make breaking news. It takes more than one man to make a change and with the voters that helped him win the election I hope those are the same people that will help change this country for the better. Only time will tell.

No comments: